12.17.2014

joy, joy, joy! | baking, job interviews, holiday spirit

//oh, the weather outside is frightful
but the fire is so delightful
. . .let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!//




Yes, I, a legit Wisconsinite just wrote that. Living in Wisconsin, I don't usually sing "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!" a whole lot (especially after last winter!) but after a 40 degree weekend, our snow has been vanquished. Yep, a week before Christmas. (Which is really weird, not having snow in the middle of December)

But despite our lack of frozen white stuff, we've been getting in the holiday spirit in other ways. We made cookies yesterday - and lots of them! Gingerbread men cookies, cut out cookies, buckeyes and then MORE gingerbread men cookies, cut out cookies and buckeyes. Anna and I had a lot of fun decorating le cut out cookies, even though the piping frosting did get a leetle bit too warm, and started coming out of the bag on it's free will. ;) The neighbors have definitely been benefiting from our holiday baking is all I can say!




I had a just interview on Monday! I dropped off my application, and about 60 seconds after I handed it in, the owner asked if she could talk to me. Anyway, it sounds like I have the job, but right now the owner is looking at the schedule to see how things would work out. Hoorah for job interviews that go well!
My running miles have been sprinting along for December! (wasn't that so punny) I've been running 25+ miles a week, so I'm hoping to get at least a 100 miles in for the month. Lately, I've found the happy place of being able to run up to 10 miles on a route. This summer I was excited when I could run 2 or 3 miles plus one long run (5 miles) in a week. Now, I run a few 5 - 7 milers with a long run, which tends to be 8 - 10 miles. It's so exciting to see the transformation that takes place when you've been running for a while!
While college students are crazily studying for and taking finals, I've been busy working on finishing school for the week: the last week of school before Christmas Break! :) Hooraahhh for Christmas break! the Exploration of Government is over, and after New Years, I'll begin delving into the fascinating structure of our nation's economic system. (The plus side of this course is that there aren't as many - or any - essays required!) Bring on the holidays!
Now, I'll leave you with a snappy little tune to brighten your day!

No comments: