3.05.2011

I'd Rather Have Jesus



:) I found "I'd Rather Have Jesus" sung by Rebecca Henricks. (NO idea who she is) But she sang it pretty nicely. *NOTE: Don't pay attention to the funny looking guy with the "guitar thing". I was rather "shocked" when I saw him!*

I’d Rather Have Jesus – The Lyrics


I’d rather have Jesus than silver or gold;
I’d rather be His than have riches untold;
I’d rather have Jesus than houses or lands,
I’d rather be led by His nail pierced hand.

Than to be a king of a vast domain
Or be held in sin’s dread sway,
I’d rather have Jesus than anything
This world affords today.

I’d rather have Jesus than men’s applause;
I’d rather be faithful to His dear cause;
I’d rather have Jesus than world-wide fame,
I’d rather be true to His holy name.
He’s fairer than lilies of rarest bloom;
He’s sweeter than honey from out of the comb;
He’s all that my hungering spirit needs,
I’d rather have Jesus and let Him lead


Enjoy!





2 comments:

Virginia said...

He is pretty scary... and he's playing a steel guitar btw

Erin said...

I've never heard that song until now, but it is beautiful...and so true! :)