7.21.2010

Cherry Pie Recipe

Hello All! I thought I would share this with you! ;) On Monday night our kind neighbour gave us some cherries, they had bought up in Door County. We readily accepted. So, on Tuesday night Anna decided to make a CHERRY PIE! She ended up making the pie crust, and spaghetti for supper, and I making the cherry filling. So, this is the amazingly good recipe!


Sweet Cherry Pie
1 pie crust
3 cups of fresh, or canned cherries, pitted
1/4 cup. sugar
2. 1/2 Tbsp. quick cooking Tapioca
2 Tbsp. butter

Preheat, the oven to 425. Line a pie pan with half the pastry dough. Drain the cherries, saving 1/2 cup of juice. *If using fresh cherries, the natural juices, which bubble up when baking are sufficient.* Mix juice, sugar, and tapioca in a bowl, add the cherries, and toss well. Pile into the lined pan and dot with the butter, Roll out the top crust and drape over the pie. (Note, I didn't use the top pie crust, I made a crumble, I will write the recipe in a minute) Crimp the edges and cut several vents in the top. Bake for 10 minutes, reduce the heat to 350 F, continue to bake for 30-4o minutes more, until the crust is lightly browned.


The Crumble
1 cup. of flour
1 cup. of oats
1 cup. of brown sugar
1/2. cup of butter

Mix your dry ingredients together. Cut in your butter. Pour over your pie...bake...then it tastes really good!



Cherries!All the ingredients you'll need


WASH YOUR HANDS!


Measure the cherries into a separate container, for pittingNow, pit your cherries




* Be sure your hands are clean!* Toss the cherries with sugar, and tapiocaThe pie




The finished piece!

The pie was really good...you all should try it. If you have cherries. But, if not you can just let your mouth water while you look at my pictures! :D
Hope you enjoy this recipe!!!
~Kara








8 comments:

Bethany d said...

What on earth is "Baking Topioca" or whatever it is. :D

Ack - and me not having breakfast or anything...I think I'm craving cherry pie. :D

Kara said...

Instant Tapioca? you can buy it in a little bag at Lark's. Does that help??!

:oD It was really good...you should really try it!

Pip

Erin said...

Looks delicious! Were it possible, I honestly think I could live off of cherry pie--I love it that much. ;D Thanks for sharing!

Bailey said...

Oh, Kara, you are cruel to post such yumdidiliumptious photos! Save me a piece...I'm coming over to claim it.

((hugs))

p.s. Tapioca sounds like some sort of tropical orange-colored drink sipped in sun chairs on a Hawaiian beach.

Kara said...

:D It was really good...maybe we can make you some.

Tapioca, is NOT a tropical drink...its like a pudding, when completely made, but this is just like big grains of white thin stuff...(bad way of describing I know!)

:)

See ya!

Kara

Kara said...

That's a good recipe! (Cool pics too)

Love ya!

(Anna)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love cherry pie!! I can't wait to try the recipe...Your instructions are so thorough. Thank you. Love Ya!! Mamaw

Kara said...

Thank you M'dear Mamaw. The pie was really good...but in my opinion MUCH to sweet..

Love ya!

Kara