11.10.2013

((almost)) Paleo Granola

 

Granola is yummy, plain and simple. But sadly, finding a gluten and sugar free (basically paleo) version of the stuff is pretty difficult to do.  In dire need of a "bowl of crunch", I looked at diverse Paleo food blogs boasting the best paleo granola recipes. As the ingredients in granola are pretty general - and rather forgiving, I decided to "make my own" granola recipe.  I say my version is almost paleo, as most paleoites don't eat dairy products...I, however, do. :)
 
Almost Paleo Granola
1 cup of almonds, coarsely chopped
1 cup of pecans, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup of sunflower or pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup of almonds flour
2 tsp. of cinnamon
1/4 cup of butter, melted
1 TBSP. of peanut butter
1 TBSP. of honey or maple syrup (or more for taste)**
 
**I prefer things to be less sweet, so you'll probably have to add sweetener more for your personal taste preference.
 
Instructions:
--Mix nuts, seeds, al. flour and cinnamon together in mixing bowl.
-- stir together melted butter, p. butter and your sweetener.
--Pour your wet ingredients over your dry ingredients and stir to combine.
--Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 20 - 25 minutes at 325 degrees. Stir every 5 - 10 minutes.
--Serve with milk or over yogurt. Enjoy!
 
 
 
 

No comments: